Banned from Conquest Server

Want to know what happened ? Raise your voice here and appeal if you believe the ban was made in error.
armithaeus
Private First Class
Private First Class
Germany

15 Sep 2015, 17:08

Hi,

I have been banned last night from the Conquest Server permanently for the reason
"You were permanently banned for your unusual Killrate!"

At the time in question the match lasted for more ~30 minutes with about 5 players on each team. (Flags were rather even so the match took forever). The opposing team had (probably new to the game) bad players and I could kill some of them quite easily. I had around 70 kills and 30 deaths. I got banned when I killed about 6 players in a row quickly (they were respawing on each other and always came from the same location, which means I always shot in the same direction and killed them repeatedly and quickly). This killrate is not unusual under these circumstances and I did not use any cheats or similar stuff. I would like to have that ban lifted as the Stratego Conquest Server is the only server I play on. You can also check my average stats, I am averaging about 1.2 KD ratio and I am typically among the top 5 players on my team. Sometimes (when I am lucky and the opposing team is bad) I achieve a high KD of like 7 or 8. This was one of these cases where the opposing team simply played bad and I think it is unfair to ban me for that.

Thanks for reading
Armithaeus

Note that another good player was on the opposing team from time to time with nick Blankoboy and we killed each other rather evenly. This would not be the case if I would have been using cheats or stuff like that.

Nick in game:
Armithaeus

armithaeus
Private First Class
Private First Class
Germany

17 Sep 2015, 13:47

anyone still reviewing these automated bans?

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

18 Sep 2015, 10:18

Bans are reviewed on a constant basis, otherwise I could not imagine to run this site with its couple of servers the way it is.

Personally it is pretty amusing to see players patience being so limited these days, expecting replies and reactions within a short period of time after posting. Especially for free services ...

Anyway, basically the same applies like posteed here:

http://www.clusterwars.net/viewtopic.php?t=3177

I lifted your ban, enjoy gaming!

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
armithaeus
Private First Class
Private First Class
Germany

18 Sep 2015, 15:22

[RC]Hunter wrote:Bans are reviewed on a constant basis, otherwise I could not imagine to run this site with its couple of servers the way it is.

Personally it is pretty amusing to see players patience being so limited these days, expecting replies and reactions within a short period of time after posting. Especially for free services ...

Anyway, basically the same applies like posteed here:

http://www.clusterwars.net/viewtopic.php?t=3177

I lifted your ban, enjoy gaming!
Thanks Hunter. Sorry for being impatient, it's just that the Stratego server is running rather well with imo a good community. And you really start to notice it, if you start to play on other servers.

I would have another question, because I am really not sure why I got banned and would like to avoid this in the future:
Was the high amount of kills the problem? I can easily avoid that by not playing when the server is at a low population (matches are longer/higher amount of kills) or opponents are clearly new to the game/map. The kill death ratio can imo not have been a reason, as I have had better KDs before.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

18 Sep 2015, 17:36

Yep, the 70 kills counter did the trigger ...

I set it this way since if you achieve so many kills in a round in relation to the ticket ratio I defined, you either:

1) cheat
2) play unbalanced teams and rape the opposing side instead switching sides to make it interesting
3) pimp your stats or play at all costs regardless the lower player count on the server

While 3rd happened to you, does not mean you cheat. Its just a bad timing doing so at night times, if player counts are usually much less (EU time zones). I would have no respect and don´t lift a ban in example, if such a behavior will be performed during so called seeding times ... means if somebody tries to fill the server with players in morning or early noon hours - in case it emptied during the night.

Usually an overkill in player powers on one side only leads to a dead of the server within a short time period. This might help me to avoid it, besides hunting some high K/Ds which are a bit unusual in conquest game mode or recording a specific amount of kills in a certain time period and some other sweat algorithms.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
armithaeus
Private First Class
Private First Class
Germany

18 Sep 2015, 19:56

[RC]Hunter wrote:Yep, the 70 kills counter did the trigger ...

I set it this way since if you achieve so many kills in a round in relation to the ticket ratio I defined, you either:

1) cheat
2) play unbalanced teams and rape the opposing side instead switching sides to make it interesting
3) pimp your stats or play at all costs regardless the lower player count on the server

While 3rd happened to you, does not mean you cheat. Its just a bad timing doing so at night times, if player counts are usually much less (EU time zones). I would have no respect and don´t lift a ban in example, if such a behavior will be performed during so called seeding times ... means if somebody tries to fill the server with players in morning or early noon hours - in case it emptied during the night.

Usually an overkill in player powers on one side only leads to a dead of the server within a short time period. This might help me to avoid it, besides hunting some high K/Ds which are a bit unusual in conquest game mode or recording a specific amount of kills in a certain time period and some other sweat algorithms.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Imo this 3. rule is a bit restrictive. For example: At the time of the ban, the overall match was not unbalanced, since my team was still losing (and would have lost severely without me). However, I do understand the reasons.