Additional maps at our BC2 Vanilla conquest server?

Alles zum Spiel Bad Company 2 sowie unseren damit verbundenen Servern
---
All about the game Bad Company 2 as well our related game servers

Add maps to our =]RC[= STRATEGO - BC2 Conquest server?

Poll ended at 06 Dec 2019, 14:04

Yes, give us more Maps. / Ja, mehr Karten bitte.
81%
No, leave it as it is. / Nein, alles so beibehalten.
19%

Total votes: 16
neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
Favorite Server: BC2
India

Contributor

Membership

15 Sep 2020, 23:13

Hello all,
I am glad Makkan you have posted about of which i been thinking to post myself.
I am quite a regular player of Stratego server and totally agree with your observation.Mostly players don't like playing this map including me.It really breaks the moment.[RC]Hunter did mentioned this in other post that players are less compared to last year.I would really appreciate if admin consider removing atacama desert.
thx

MaRtA_Tank_Girl
Donator
Donator
Private First Class
Private First Class
Poland

Contributor

Membership

17 Sep 2020, 17:36

Hejo guys 8)
Maybe swap the Atacama Desert for a Nelson Bay or Port Valdez map this time, what do you think? :s_smile:

Alexlogin0ff
Private
Private
Russia

Contributor

17 Sep 2020, 19:25

Leave all maps as they are and add Port Valdez

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

24 Sep 2020, 14:51

Hello together,

Thanks @ Makkan and neet for reopining the discussion again.

Referring to the map statistic taken over the past months, I can assure you that Atacama does not differ in any way concerning players leaving and joining again, than any other map in the cycle. Some evenings its Atacama being like the last map and players leave, other days you can see Arica being the "bad guy" and if you just look at the stats numbers, you would call Arica the wrong map in the cycle. :)

Therefore I assume its just a personal wish from you guys, same like Alex likes to keep the map in the loop in example ...

Its a fact that the active player base of this game became much less over the past months. This does affect dramatically how well a server might be visited or not. In earlier years it was just a question when the server would crash, since it run through nights every day and you always found a party to play with. Nowadays it becomes a question when the server will be filled ...

I believe it might be interesting to shorten the map cycle with maps wanted by most remaining players. For me it does not really matter if Atacama stays in the loop or not. If a removal would help to make life easier so to speak, I would not vote against it. However I do not see a majority for this at present. Seems with the shrinking amount of active players, also the amount of forum readers and writers shrinked. ;)

If there would be a bit more players every evening, we could even open an additional BC2 server with Atacama and Harvest in the loop in example ... lol

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
Makkan
Private First Class
Private First Class
Sweden

Contributor

Membership

28 Sep 2020, 21:54

Thanks for your reply! And I see. It has been very noticable lately that the total number of players has shrunk. Well now when you've mentioned it, I wouldn't cry if Arica was to be removed either :w_wink: Anyway, one thing I've noticed lately is that the server sometimes restarts at Arica. Im there waiting for my favorite maps but all of a sudden it starts over at Arica, why i that? Often happens when there's few players on the server.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

01 Oct 2020, 11:33

The map cycle did not change ... yet ...
Could have been that an admin did watch the server population and may decided to load Arica next aiming at more players to join.

Similar to what I did when we met two evenings ago and I set Oasis after Panama the moment I left. Not sure if it did help the server population at this moment in time, but I am sure you were expecting Atacama to come and got Oasis instead.

=]RC[= Hunter

Makkan
Private First Class
Private First Class
Sweden

Contributor

Membership

01 Oct 2020, 16:01

Ah, that explains it. It also seem very common that the server reloads Oasis as well, as you've just mentioned. It makes me sad that this game loses more and more players these days. This server used to be full 24/7 before. Can only hope for better times, game on!

neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
India

Contributor

Membership

02 Oct 2020, 19:37

Hi again.

Nice to see you in server other day... :shoot2: :lol:
You mentioned few times that players are shrinking.As an admin i think one should be concerned about and it seems you are.So what you think your server has less players while Fire and Frost server is mostly full.?I can't be sure if it is full 24/7 but the time that i play it is.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

04 Oct 2020, 20:59

Not sure what you are trying to say ... Fire and Frost? ... funny tho running mostly the desert Arica map :) ...

We have never been friends of single map servers, thousand or more tickets, easy hardcore mode or modded BC2 servers- whatever may apply to this particular server being new to the club for a year and a half. I never join this one so far ... Have seen many servers coming and disappearing after a while over the past years and even this one is not full all the time, because no server is it anymore. Nothing special unless you tell us since you play there?

=]RC[= Hunter

neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
India

Contributor

Membership

05 Oct 2020, 06:50

Yes i have played many times in Fire and frost but never a full round.1000 tickets and only one map is not my cup of tea :roll: . i don't like playing on modded n hardcore servers thats why Stratego server is one n only i played the most :s_smile: .But sometimes unbalanced teams or many other reasons i switch to other server.

Since you asked what's special about this server? Well, i have never seen any server being taken care by admins or clan members like this one.They won't let you basecamp neither baserape.(you got to go for objectivs).There will be warnings and after 3rd warning kicked from server.And they keep switching players if other team is being baseraped.Mostly clan members switch themselves to loosing team.

There is another server maybe it was WBKS or Pomika Elite(don't remember exact name).so before start of new map there is voting option to choose from 3 maps which should be next.I was really hoping if we could have this option.

You are right when u say it is personal wish,some like atacama some don't.it would be so nice if we could also have this option.That way 32 players who are playing in the server get to choose which map they want to play next.

I must say one more thing that i am very grateful for providing us the server :salut-de: .And thx to you for taking care of it all these years.