Better autobalancing , less base rape...possible?

Alles zum Spiel Bad Company 2 sowie unseren damit verbundenen Servern
---
All about the game Bad Company 2 as well our related game servers
neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
Favorite Server: BC2
India

Contributor

Membership

18 May 2020, 11:22

hi all
This is my favourate server but i really wish somehow it has better team autobalancing .It happens ON n ON as few recons don't bother about capturing the points as they camp.I have seen many good players leave as rest of the team don't care much about the flags and one team being base raped again n again.
So my question to the admin is,Can there be autobalancing teams based on points or kills players made?Well i do recall 7-8yrs back i played in a server which autobalances players based on skill.I really not sure how do they do that.
Or can we limit recons to 3 only?as that way they got no other option then to capture the flag rather then camp at base.
I could only think of only these options right now but maybe few members here can suggest something better.
thx

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

19 May 2020, 08:31

Hi neet and welcome to our forum boards.

"Skill" ... well this is a very relative description of what exactly? ;-)

I am pretty much aware how the so called "skill balancers" work / worked.

But let me raise the question first, what would you call skill?

Interesting aspect, the post underneath in the Bad Company 2 section actually talks about our BC2 Vietnam server, but basically seems to go in a similar direction. In case you missed it, have a peak here ...

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
India

Contributor

Membership

19 May 2020, 11:30

Hello admin and thx for welcoming me.

what i actually meant by skilled players was if top 2 or 3 players of winning team could be moved to loosing team then it will make lot of difference.Not only teams will be balanced but also it will boast the moral of loosing team, otherwise players tend to leave the server.

Yes i agree definition of skilled player is kind of subjective but according to me a player whose reflexes are fast and who can aim even while he is on the move.

And regarding that post by spawney,i agree with him.There are many players are who only worried about there K/D.They don't bother basraping nor killing new players as their rank is low.They just want kills.I really wonder whom they want to impress from this 10 yrs old game.

I do wish that stats info that shows how much K/D a player have could be disabled somehow.Here i am not requesting anything in this matter but just my thoughts.

neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
India

Contributor

Membership

04 Aug 2020, 19:24

Hello

I don't understand what is wrong with limiting snipers to 3 sniper?they just sit there without worrying about the game play.esp map like Laguna alta they hide in bushes.
We try to fill the server to have good game but leaves no choice either to choose another server or snipers to leave.
Hey admin can u at least give a try?I don't think autobalancing or sniper limit is wront at all.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

06 Aug 2020, 14:59

Because you miss the overall concept problem your approach creates.

The game does not allow weapon class limitations by design, like many other games do. Therefore the only way to "limit" a weapon class is counting how many players have it in use. Assuming three are in use already, the corresponding player choosing as 4th to be in the same class will be admin killed and receive a message he reads or may not read being in the weapon loadout screen. This is a pretty unlucky situation to my opinion and an absolutely silly approach.

There would be many other options in handling this situation in a better way, but solutions like this do not exist for this game. I may could program / code something for it, but honestly seeing the immensive shrinking player numbers in BC2, it will not be worth the effort.

The server is not emptying out because of Recons, the server is empty or getting close to it since the amount of players are much less than even compared to a year ago. Not you are filling the server, we try to fill it daily with brave players putting their soldiers on it without playing for many hours, trying to seed the server. In most cases this works out well, so players enjoy full servers at their prime gaming time. At least this worked out this way in the past decade for BC2, but recently I doubt that it will remain like this in the near future. This morning (my timezone) we had around 150 players online playing with a pool of 105 active servers in the server browser... so guess ...

Furthermore nobody else cares for it as it seems, the low response value speaks for itself...

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
neet
Private First Class
Private First Class
India

Contributor

Membership

23 Aug 2020, 19:57

thx for your in depth assessment of this situation.