Additional maps at our BC2 Vanilla conquest server?

Alles zum Spiel Bad Company 2 sowie unseren damit verbundenen Servern
---
All about the game Bad Company 2 as well our related game servers

Add maps to our =]RC[= STRATEGO - BC2 Conquest server?

Poll ended at 06 Dec 2019, 14:04

Yes, give us more Maps. / Ja, mehr Karten bitte.
81%
No, leave it as it is. / Nein, alles so beibehalten.
19%

Total votes: 16
MaRtA_Tank_Girl
Donator
Donator
Private First Class
Private First Class
Favorite Server: BC2
Poland

Contributor

Membership

26 Nov 2019, 21:31

Mapka z heli bołoby super :thumbup:

Alexlogin0ff
Private
Private
Russia

Contributor

28 Nov 2019, 18:15

My Bad Company 2 after almost 10 years -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s6D7uqQYCI

MertAndacKilicTR
Private First Class
Private First Class
Turkey

Contributor

Membership

30 Nov 2019, 21:46

What? Who even hates White Pass? That’s such a nice map. My favourite map in the rotation. You can remove Arica Harbor though since everyone tends to spam on that map. :shoot2:

MaRtA_Tank_Girl
Donator
Donator
Private First Class
Private First Class
Poland

Contributor

Membership

01 Dec 2019, 21:13

Dobra robota Alex :D :thumbup:

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

04 Dec 2019, 08:14

Taking a look at your video @Alexlogin0ff, I can understand why you would like to see Atacama ... :P
Poll will end in two days, everyone should post additional map names if he likes to, but at present I see only Atacama to join the map rotation.

No complains please from all our "master chiefs of public chat messages on the server" spamming and perhaps complaining good and bad maps but not getting their acts together to show up here and to participate. Our servers are not just single servers in the server list, they are part of our community here @ ClusterWars.net and players can express their opinions for the good and the bad as we can see at the forums.

In sum we kept this vote active for 14 days and everybody had a chance to submit an opinion.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
MertAndacKilicTR
Private First Class
Private First Class
Turkey

Contributor

Membership

04 Dec 2019, 17:38

Hello! So, i just played a round of Atacama Desert in the server and i would like to share my opinion about it. What i’m going to say probably won’t please a lot of you since i can see that a big portion of you love Atacama Desert, while i do too, i don’t think it quite fits the mentality of this server.

I don’t know about you guys but i see RC BC2 servers (both vanilla and Vietnam) as infantry focused servers. I think we never got any vehicle focused map in this server until now. We have 6 infantry focused maps and 1 vehicle focused map which doesn’t quite fit.

Also, i think the ticket count is too low and too high at the same time. The one round i played was an unbalanced round and opposing team was camping with their vehicles while the infantry players were sniping from the main base since the “walk” to the closest flag is too far and littered with enemy players. Now, you can say this for every map, right? Well, no. The maps we had until now was smaller in size and less vehicle focused and because of that, it was more engaging and it was a lot more easier to cap a flag since the few objective players wouldn’t have to deal with multiple enemy soldiers and enemy vehicles at the same time. The round was less engaging than normal and the tickets felt like they weren’t going down. Now, i know that it would feel a lot faster if we had a balanced round. In a balanced round of Atacama Desert, 375 ticket would feel too low.

I sometimes play on that German Hardcore server (forgot the name) and it has Atacama Desert with 1000 ticket count and it feels more action-packed. The reason for that is they have a lot more vehicle players, instant vehicle spawn and high ticket count.

To sum it up, while i love the map, i don’t think it quite fits the server and if we are going to keep it in the long run, we have to do some adjustments to it.

Edit: The only small-sized map we don’t have is Nelson Bay and i think it would complete the rotation if it would be in. If i remember correctly, we had it back in the day and it got removed due to some reason.

Edit: Also, i equipped my shield, cast my protection aura and waiting for the comments. :bash:

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

04 Dec 2019, 18:07

Hehehe ... thanks for your post Mert ... the HC server you are referring to is from our friends @ RHRA ...

To input some prior others will join the conversation:

- yes correct, there has been a focus at our BC2 Vanilla on infantry based maps, although we had Panama in there and even most others except Arica hold some kind of tanks, but much less and and they are smaller sized, thats why they took part of the 10 years plus old rotation ... lol

- there won´t be a higher ticket count than currently, all maps are modified with a higher ticket rate than default, but there won´t be any - lets use the word crazy - 1.000 ticket rounds here

- due to the map design we removed Atacama, Heavy Metal and Harvest Day more or less as soon they came out and we playtest it a few rounds ... I personally in example dislike larger sized maps which make you walk felt endless to get shoot at the end by a camper or vehicle camper or chopper from the other side of the map ... :) ... it is even worse in the easier game mode called Hardcore (what a wrong word for this config) since you start with less health and get your one shoot instant kills easily ... (but this is not the topic here, lol)

- but times are changing and player count shrinks, I am happy to see active gamers taking their chance raising a word and we do not mind to vote up about changes, but what I can assure you is NO Heavy Metal and NO Harvest Day on our servers

- BC2 Vietnam runs all maps available of this DLC, there has been no limitation in regards to vehicle maps or not

- Nelson Bay got removed due to players vote in the past

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
MertAndacKilicTR
Private First Class
Private First Class
Turkey

Contributor

Membership

04 Dec 2019, 18:21

I can totally see why you guys removed the bigger-sized maps. I don’t want people to understand me wrong though. Funny enough, my favourite map is Harvest Day and i played it a lot on OldManGaming server until they banned me. They changed their server owner and that was the end of me. I think TheBiznes was the previous owner.

Anyway, i just think these bigger maps don’t fit here and play quite well. I hope this addition will bring more players. Also, did you know that EA Games bring their games to Steam earlier next year? I know that they will bring BFV but if they bring the older titles like BF3, i think it will have a positive impact on BC2’s player count.

djumik
Private First Class
Private First Class
Ukraine

Contributor

Membership

04 Dec 2019, 19:56

Thank you for the new card. You need to see how it goes, there were those who play constantly they did not like.I admit Mert is right, the card does not fit a lot of players disconnected probably worth returning the winter.

djumik
Private First Class
Private First Class
Ukraine

Contributor

Membership

04 Dec 2019, 20:00

In fact, the card is very large while you run to moisture already tired)It will probably be better to return as it was or replace one winter with another