AFK 4 A WHILE

misc topics / allgemeine Themen
iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

15 Jul 2008, 21:10

dont wonder, im gonna be on vacation for 2 weeks chillin in the sun 8)

keep on stat whoring, kill some noobs for me and tell em that
arnie wrote: :twisted: I'LL BE BACK :twisted:
(like some other austrian dude used to say ;))

=|C*G*A|= Elias Col
Corporal
Corporal

15 Jul 2008, 23:04

All right Wallace,

have a fine time, come back safe, so i can kick your ass when youre back :smoke:

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

16 Jul 2008, 12:33

lmao, good one :bash:

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

16 Jul 2008, 12:51

iD wrote:dont wonder, im gonna be on vacation for 2 weeks chillin in the sun 8)
Yeah ! Enjoy the times ... do not burn your skin to much !
keep on stat whoring, kill some noobs for me and tell em that
alright, I believe this will happen for sure ... as long people do not logout or switch to spectator mode 20 tickets prior the rounds are ending, since the desired round may does not serve the top stats building goal at this moment in time ... :shoot5:

I won´t be able to do much concerning the stats, will be joining you in offline times shortly as well. Where r u going to btw ?

[RC]BooZer
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Addicted
Addicted
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

17 Jul 2008, 21:48

iD wrote:dont wonder, im gonna be on vacation for 2 weeks chillin in the sun 8)
Don't wondering ... I'm the next weeks also on vacation ... I'm in the need of a colour change too ... burn sun burn ... :jump:

<finally, an occasion for this f*** emoticon ... :D >

Stay Rough & Clever forever!

[RC]BooZer
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Addicted
Addicted
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

18 Jul 2008, 12:58

[RC]Hunter wrote:alright, I believe this will happen for sure ... as long people do not logout or switch to spectator mode 20 tickets prior the rounds are ending, since the desired round may does not serve the top stats building goal at this moment in time ... :shoot5:
Hm, maybe there are some stats player here ... just wondering ... :roll:

Stay Rough & Clever forever!

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

27 Jul 2008, 14:48

lmfao, now

1st: i was in portugal checkin out lisbon for 5 days and spendin 5 more days on the atlantic coast near lisbon.

2nd: the game u referring to was really fked up. we had all flags and as far as i remember ppl were complaining bout me raping even tho it was totally legal at that point. so i left ur main and waited for u outside of it. usually i try to guard main, which is easy if u just pass by the flag from time to time. but unfortunately this is not possible any more cuz of the fked up flag graphix due to the long duration. well. after ur team got some more players (even some more than we had), some funny bastards finally took our main (it could have been avoided when the flag turned white, but unfortunately i had to ammo up and some bot fag got me on the way to main with sa7). but yes, maintakin really pissed me off, cuz u dont ask ppl to be nice and stop raping and take their main if they do so. due to the unbelievable long duration to turn the main flag and 2 few human players on our side we couldnt manage to get it back. i have no problem with losing a gold medal in a fair n good game, but if i feel like ppl tryin to fuck with me, i feel free to go to spec at any time.

3rd: i think it would be helpful to reduce maintaking time to an amount which still allows the graphix to work correctly. if u r a single person and a single person is tryin to take ur main, u will hardly be able to recognize it cuz of the weirdo graphix. too much time makes it impossible to ever get it back (just remembering that one game, i was turning the flag for one minute alone, but then there were 2 human guys spawning every 15 secs, how long u think a player can survive like that.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

05 Aug 2008, 14:45

iD wrote:lmfao, now

1st: i was in portugal checkin out lisbon for 5 days and spendin 5 more days on the atlantic coast near lisbon.
Nice place Lisbon and Portugal in general !
2nd: the game u referring to was really fked up. we had all flags and as far as i remember ppl were complaining bout me raping even tho it was totally legal at that point. so i left ur main and waited for u outside of it. usually i try to guard main, which is easy if u just pass by the flag from time to time. but unfortunately this is not possible any more cuz of the fked up flag graphix due to the long duration. well. after ur team got some more players (even some more than we had), some funny bastards finally took our main (it could have been avoided when the flag turned white, but unfortunately i had to ammo up and some bot fag got me on the way to main with sa7). but yes, maintakin really pissed me off, cuz u dont ask ppl to be nice and stop raping and take their main if they do so. due to the unbelievable long duration to turn the main flag and 2 few human players on our side we couldnt manage to get it back. i have no problem with losing a gold medal in a fair n good game, but if i feel like ppl tryin to fuck with me, i feel free to go to spec at any time.
Absolut incorrect statements you are making here ... or perhaps we are not talking about the same game ... but my guess is we do.
3rd: i think it would be helpful to reduce maintaking time to an amount which still allows the graphix to work correctly.
Any flag rotation time changes cannot be reflected by the client side, unless you ask the players to download the map and install them locally. Since the aim is a server side change only, the "better" graphical display cannot be achieved. Furthermore it does not really matter either, you gray the flag or you own it, it just takes longer.
if u r a single person and a single person is tryin to take ur main, u will hardly be able to recognize it cuz of the weirdo graphix. too much time makes it impossible to ever get it back (just remembering that one game, i was turning the flag for one minute alone, but then there were 2 human guys spawning every 15 secs, how long u think a player can survive like that.
... taking a flag back takes the same time like an opposing team requires to conquer them, so the same for everyone and you btw. supported this idea too. Since the neutral time of a flag is extended as well, especially on heli maps a much better chance to "react" prior the flag will be owned by the opposing team. The default 45secs to rotate a flag completely makes it almost impossible for any infantry to react to main base attacks ... kinda interesting to see your mind changes ... just an another attempt to explain yourself leaving this particular game 20 tickets prior ending ... you were nicely played off with an even amount of players on both sides. You just could not take it to die that often, as a very good chopper pilot you are not used to that.

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

05 Aug 2008, 16:44

edit: for me that topic about that certain game is closed now, no need to argue bout things from 3wks ago, useless anyway, wont lead to anything except neverending discussion

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

06 Aug 2008, 11:10

iD wrote:hehe the same game yes, but 2 points of view... :wink:

usually i dont die to often, right, but i get raped a lot on hhk, often resulting in less kills than deaths, thats not a prob at all, honestly.
*putting the knife into iD and rotating it TWICE*
Could not resist, need to reply ... sure it is a problem for you, hhk does not run any stats on the game performance. Stratego does and inmho does it the deepest and most clearly way from all active remaining bfv servers... so your stats made you drop 20 tickets prior ending, while the battle around your main base already run for 200 tickets in a row ... you wanna tell me you left because you do not care ... sorry, I just getting back from the floor since I fall off my chair loughing ...
edit: for me that topic about that certain game is closed now, no need to argue bout things from 3wks ago, useless anyway, wont lead to anything except neverending discussion
Always useless to discuss about certain games - especially if there were vacations in between. I replied to your "after vacation post" since I felt forced to it. Not nessecarily the game itself, if somebody plays on the stats, he should do it. Therefore they are there ... there are always different ways people use/like/see statistics and I know how I am enjoying the game and many others perhaps have different opinions about a decent game play etc ... I just felt forced to reply since I always try to imagine how an outside observer - new to this forum - would read your statements about the flag rotation times and for sure get a wrong impression.

So it was a must for me to sort the flag times out, since any mods server side are done with a reason and deep thoughts prior putting them in. The aim is a fair game play and not "I want to be different than the default BFV out of the box".