Shockvoice

misc topics / allgemeine Themen
Anonymous

27 Jun 2008, 09:54

Hi @all!

One question / suggestion:
Why don't we try Shockvoice? I recently had to use it and the speech quality is way better than in TS! No clue about the bandwidth usage but if it's ok with the admins I would suggest setting up a Shockvoice server and give it a try.

Download at:
http://www.shockvoice.net/

Greetz and hope to hear you soon!
espresso

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

27 Jun 2008, 11:37

never heard of that. im cool with a try tho.

btw ventrilo has a better quality too, but after all i gotta say that ts is ok concerning quality. there r some few ppl who r really hard to understand (like psycho - unfortunately hardly ever understand what he's saying), but that must be their microphone or something else related with their pc.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

29 Jun 2008, 17:53

Shockvoice,
beta since ages, based on .NET 2.0 is already the first reason to deny the use, due to this no Linux or MAC clients. Not an option at all.

Ventrilo,
if you like to offer more than 8 users, you need to use a commercial ISP and pay money for it. Means it is not really freeware. Not an option at all.

Teamspeak2,
the main problem of Teamspeak 2 is the Latency and partially the quality. Due to the fact teamspeak 2 started at days were there was not everywhere a DSL connection. Perfect solution to block minimal bandwith and cpu ressources. Due to it´s age and years of development it´s just stable and the preferred option for the server. TS 3 is supposed to come out soon, which should however be similar to quality and speed of Ventrilo. However it is in beta since a long time ...
:(

Anonymous

30 Jun 2008, 10:06

Hmmm... no Linux or Mac clients regarding Shockvoice... Didn't know that there was a Battlefield Vietnam Client for Mac and/or Linux. Is there?

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

30 Jun 2008, 11:28

Hm, the voice chat utils do not have anything to do with the game you play ...

Anonymous

30 Jun 2008, 12:06

Well... Since the intended use was for BFV I assumed that the voice chat usually runs on the same computer and same operating system. And I don't know if there are BFV clients for Linux and/or Mac.

But anyway... if it's not feasible -> forget it.