55%
2 times
45%

Total votes: 11
iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

20 Jun 2008, 16:42

just talked to espresso and we thought that playin each map 3 times is too much. there are only 2 teams anyways, so playin each map twice would be enough in our opinion. let us know what u think about it ;)

btw hunter, would've talked to u b4, but didnt c ya in a while :P

=|C*G*A|= Elias Col
Corporal
Corporal

20 Jun 2008, 17:37

iD wrote: we thought that playin each map 3 times is too much. there are only 2 teams anyways, so playin each map twice would be enough in our opinion.
I fully agree ID, talked to Hunter therefore too.

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

20 Jun 2008, 20:03

omg im such a dumbass, was not thinking and voted 3 times myself, lmao :wink:

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

22 Jun 2008, 21:01

I am currently on some business travels and therefore cannot logon to the net constantly.

Just to clarify in public - besides the ones I spoke to individually already in the past - what the reason is to run each map 3 times instead of two times (which is not a default btw.) ...

To my opinion there are two types of players, one does prefer to get on the game and play a few different maps in a road. Others prefer or just come on if a flight map or infantry map is running and as soon it switches to the opposite, players leave the server. Running the maps the way they are ordered, plus the amount of rounds aimed to have the server busy a longer time with a similar groups of players, since I do like as well to play more often against the same players I meet in matches before, either for a payback or a repeated defeat. :)

So just to make sure everybody understands that it is not just an idea of someone out of his mood.

Anonymous

23 Jun 2008, 11:03

I understand Hunter. But I constantly find myself thinking that two rounds per map would be enough. Sometimes I logged off the server just because I didn't want to play the same map for a third round. Some matches can get annoyingly long when there are a lot of bots online...

But as I said before. I understand you have your reasons for 3 rounds per map as well. So let's see how the vote turns out.

Greetz
espresso

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

23 Jun 2008, 13:21

i can see the reason for hunter making 3 rounds per map, i still think that 2 would be enough. as you said, it's for players who join to play a certain map or a certain kind of map, which seems reasonable. on the other hand u mentioned urself, that maps of a certain kind r followed by similar maps in the map rotation to make players stay. it seems to me that every type of player is well served anyways, if he joins to play a fav map and even gets a similar one afterwards. following this line of argumentation there is no real need for the 3 rounds. just as an example, on some maps 90% of the players want to stay u.s., for whatever amount of rounds. to even it up, we usually help the weaker team. but honestly, having to play one team (which is usually the side with less chances to win on the map, which is the reason for the majority of ppl playing the other side) on the same map for 3 rounds can be a pain in the ass and that makes ppl leave as well. :wink: