Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

12 Jun 2018, 17:22

For the sake of completeness, I am going to post the trailer as well some gameplay footage of BF 5. I am not going to create a separate forum board for it, since this game will not influence us much ... since BF 1 developers and/or EA decided to cut off communities and do no longer provide the option to run own, fully customizable or supportable dedicated servers. Therefore this game will not become a part of our STRATEGO server pool or ClusterWars community. Similar to what happened to BF 1 ...

Reviewing the game I see good looking graphics and couple of nice multiplayer mode ideas, however it does not look much different to me than BF 1 ... but I did not touch BF1 at all, so I cannot judge correctly. I may hop into the public beta once it becomes available - same I did for BF 1 - but besides that I may not touch the release at all.

I am still frustrated about the decisions made of EA to kill community sites and servers ... go for the mass and sell a title every year ... no thank you!

---

Der Vollständigkeit halber möchte ich nicht vermissen den offiziellen Trailer und ein paar Gameplay Aufnahmen der Vorstellung von BF 5 auf der E3 Messe zu posten.

Es wird wieder einmal keine dedizierten Server geben, welche man komplett und neutral konfigurieren kann. EA setzt damit als seinen Weg fort, Spielergemeinschaften und Fanprojekte zu missachten. Logischerweise wird sich dieses Spiel somit nicht zu unserem STRATEGO Server Pool hinzufügen ... schade aber es ist genauso wie bei BF 1.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Favorite Server: BC2
Germany

Contributor

Membership

21 Jun 2018, 19:26

Wasn't there a controversy about the lesbian female protagonist? :D
Regarding this, my position is neutral. There have always been female characters in videogames. Nontheless it is noticeable how much many games are starting to push "social justice", female and/or black heroes for anti-racism, -discrimination, -"white supremacy" and what not. Even homosexuality is present, where it just doesn't belong to ... The gaming scene has become a joke.
Anyways, this is not politics ...

The new mechanics are quite interesting. What I am curious about is, if hip-firing snipers will still be a thing in B5. I hope not, because they are annoying. Most of them are pretending to be skilled, trying to show off, but in reality even a kid could play like that and it doesnt really need much skill especially with motion sensors, since you can make out the enemy on the minimap (if he is not already spotted), run around the corner and kill with 1 single hit, often without even aiming. Wow, so skilled!!! :D

Not going to buy this game though, I am disappointed in EA, I am losing interest in games and BF5 would make me most likely addicted anyways.
I will stick with BC2 until the last server dies. :D