Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

11 Jun 2018, 19:14

<center>Image</center>

Post Scriptum ist ein First-Person-Simulations Shooter, der ein authentisches Kampferlebnis im Zweiten Weltkrieg bietet. Der Fokus liegt hierbei auf historischer Genauigkeit, großen Schlachten, einer schwierigen Lernkurve und einer großen Erfordernis an Kommunikation, Zusammenhalt und Teamarbeit.

---

PS is a large scale, tactical multiplayer shooter set during Operation Market Garden in WW2 and developed by Periscope Games.

Why the name Post.-Scriptum?

Post Scriptum is in fact a self-assumed stance of neutrality. When thinking about the title and visual concept, we wanted to avoid a name that glorified or desensitized war. Certainly not one that hails ideologies over human condition. War is anything but awesome and we figured that war letters were the best vehicle to portray these men with the dignity they deserve. They just tried to cope with war the best they could.

That is probably the closest there is to conveying a message in what we do, but it just makes sense to us and we’re following it through. This theme will be more revealing over time in our promotional media, but again, we do not intend to highlight any social or political discussion other than the entertainment of the game.

Very entertaining Alpha gameplay:

Webseite des Spieles:
postscriptumgame.com

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Favorite Server: BC2
Germany

Contributor

Membership

11 Jun 2018, 20:49

A WW2 game that is focusing on realism. It's in alpha-stage of development, but already selling too. Sounds familiar. I think I have heard this a few times. A few hundred times, actually. One example is Hell Let Loose.

Nontheless, it looks entertaining, visualy and gameplay wise. However, I am not sure about the hyper-realism many games of such sort are focusing on. It's quite slow-paced so that a player will probably need 2 hours MINIMUM of free time to be able to enjoy it, which makes it undesireable for the casual gamer, I would guess. The risk of missing the meaning of a game is high, instead you dive into a virtual reality where you "live" a certain scenario. When I hear the term "game", I think about challenge and entertainment, it's something dynamic, spontanious and adventurous in some sense. But hyper-realistic games are loosing this feeling, they drag you in another world and fooling you into another existence, they are slow and will consume a lot of your time to achieve something of no value, but which could be achieved in reality using the same time of actual worth. I am not saying, that we have to run around with real guns and play WW2 ;). What I am trying to say is, that the essence of a game just doesn't come through such realistic games, in my opinion. I hope you understand what I mean, it's difficult to explain.

Of course all customers are different, everyone has his personal desires and ideas of a game. And I am sure this particular title will have it's place on the market. But personally for me it's difficult to label Post Scriptum (and many other hyper-realistic games) as a "game" as I would define it, instead it's driffting into the "virtual reality"-section because of the realism. It's a compeletely different experience and quality of a game, nothing I am used to.

I would rather get my butt up and go for a 30 minute walk in my local park or wild woods, then sitting infront of the computer and walking for 30 minutes through a realistic battlefield without happening much. :D I hope this last sentence does make my point more clear.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

21 Aug 2018, 13:26

Da gebe ich Dir recht, man müsste mehr Zeit haben, Spass macht es bestimmt mit einer guten Truppe von Spielern und nicht nur Rambo Style wie in BC2 ... :smoke:

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image