Battlefield Heroes Beta

misc topics / allgemeine Themen
Anonymous

19 May 2008, 12:34

Battlefield Heroes Beta registration is up! Give it a try at:

http://www.brokeneggsmedia.com/forums/v ... f=73&t=709

Maybe some of us will make it. Good luck!

Regards
espresso

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

19 May 2008, 23:09

hehe, just found out that the system requirements r pretty low, which enables me to play it too ;)

btw i think it's nice that they release a game with low requirements. usually every new game pushes the requirements a lil further. they should do more games like that, imo. :D

Anonymous

20 May 2008, 07:49

Agreed... absolutely! But in my opinion it's all about "properly" programming a game. I mean take a look at Playstation 2 titles. That rig was already old 2 years ago but they released fantastic looking and smooth running games like "Shadow of the Colossus" or "God of War" that could even compete with PC games of that time. Ususally games for the PC don't use the Hardware properly and shoot sys requirements sky high.

So let's hope Battlefield Heroes is an exception.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

20 May 2008, 10:31

Nah ... it´s a comic game, just cartoons ... "rough" vectors and objects not really so multiple like in BFV every little soldier is. It should run on a 386 in my opinion.
:P

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

20 May 2008, 11:21

lol hunter, will try it on my 486 if i can find it somewhere. i just fear that 540mb harddisk wont be enuff, not to mention the 8mb ram, 1mb graphix and the missing lan port, lmao.

agreed espresso, it totally depends on the programming style of a game. unfortunately it seems that most developers for pc games give a shit about properly programming a pc game (maybe cuz they have to do that for the console versions anyways). sad tho, of course its sweet to do a game like crysis n tell ppl how fabulous it looks and works, but there is no possibility of playing this game in full details hd res, no matter what rig u got. they should rather try to prove their skills and make a nice looking game which can be played like its meant to be on a good rig. the best available graphix card can manage to do stunning 7 fps in hd res, full details, but still not more than 23 fps in 1024 res, full details. and this would be a 8800 ultra... ridiculous imo.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

29 May 2008, 10:10

=] EoN [= espresso wrote:Battlefield Heroes Beta registration is up! Give it a try at:

http://www.brokeneggsmedia.com/forums/v ... f=73&t=709

Maybe some of us will make it. Good luck!

Regards
espresso
So did you beta play already Espresso ?

[RC]BooZer
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Addicted
Addicted
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

31 May 2008, 01:24

iD wrote:lol hunter, will try it on my 486 if i can find it somewhere. i just fear that 540mb harddisk wont be enuff, not to mention the 8mb ram, 1mb graphix and the missing lan port, lmao.
NOP ... you can get those 486 of mine if you don't find your's ... I just need to go some steps through the floor ... :lol:

Stay Rough & Clever forever!

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

31 May 2008, 10:54

hehe