Another New Play-for-Free Battlefield Game in the Works?

misc topics / allgemeine Themen
[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

09 Jan 2009, 09:04

[img]http://www.clusterwars.net/userpix/2_pbfbanner_1.jpg[/img]
news taken from planetbattlefield.gamespy.com

Gameasutra posted an interview with Danny Isaac, EA Korea Studio Head, which touches on Battlefield Heroes. Interestingly enough, he states they are not working on Battlefield Heroes, but another new free-to-play model game based on the Battlefield 2 engine.

With Battlefield Heroes, Neowiz is also working on it with EA, is that correct?

Danny: No. Battlefield Heroes is independent of Neowiz. We actually have another product. We're actually taking Battlefield, the original product. We're discussing whether Heroes is right for the market here.

One of the interesting things I've said to one of my guys about Heroes is that the cartoony graphical style was very much like some of the earlier Korean games, so it is perceived as being somewhat older. I still think it's a great-looking game.

It's fantastic, for free, very high quality. But Koreans would see that kind of cartoony style and think it's a little bit older.

The other thing is that all the Korean men, at least, do national service here. So they know what an M16 looks like, they know what an M1 tank looks like. They're very hardcore into the military side of things. A World War II shooter is maybe not as appealing as a hardcore, modern combat type of product.

So, with Neowiz we're working actually on the Battlefield franchise. We're taking a Battlefield II engine and we're converting it to a free-to-play model. Read the rest...

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
[RC]BooZer
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Addicted
Addicted
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

13 Jan 2009, 20:37

OMG ... they should take one step after another and release BF Heroes at first! I hate it to read anything about things that could happen ... maybe sometimes ... paaahhh ... :evil:

Stay Rough & Clever forever!