Some Ideas's...

misc topics / allgemeine Themen
=|C*G*A|= Elias Col
Corporal
Corporal

16 Aug 2008, 14:23

Hey STRATEGO's, hey players,

you're having so great and well supported BFV Gameserver which just deserve to be more regarded and more people playing there. I just want to present you some ideas for making the name and label STRATEGO a bit more known. Maybe some of you are interested.

Concerning X-Fire (www.xfire.com):

The last few weeks i am adding more and more people when i see them playing Battlefield Vietnam. By this way i get to know to them, talk a bit and invite them to play here. But not also the direct contact helps, just when they see where i play they have the chance to join via X-Fire.

Another idea is to use the status in X-fire to "advertise" to the servers or just leave there a link to the homepage.

Knowing more Clans

I think it can be very helpful to get to know some other clans, for example by writing in guestbook or just playing a few rounds on their servers and talk a bit. Knowing more people will help to

To the Admins: Could you install a section on the homepage or in the forums where we coud "collect" some known and friendly BFV-Clans? For Example: the [RANGER] - Clan (their forums: http://rangerelite.forumup.org , i think they don't have a hp yet) or i recently talked to a member of -[HELLO]- ( http://hellowar.wetpaint.com ) who wants to visit the servers the next days. I am sure you know many more than me.

I really like playing here and it would be even more fun with more players or more action on the conquest server. Sure, it's also very very important what kind of people playing on the servers. But, just to make sure, I want the atmosphere to stay as it is know: polite, nice, grown up and friendly players, there is no need for more players which bring up some kiddy flaming like on HHOG for example at the cost of the playing fun.

Greetings

=|C*G*A|= Elias Col

=|C*G*A|= Elias Col
Corporal
Corporal

16 Aug 2008, 20:37

Some other clansides:

Legi@n:

http://legion.freeunix.net

Deathbound:

http://www.deathbound-clan.com

{G*E*R} German Elite Rangers
http://www.ger-clan.com

[2man]
http://clan2man.npage.de[/b]

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

18 Aug 2008, 10:01

Thanks for your comments Elias, I appreciate them !

I believe there cannot be enough players joining A server all the time, once a server is setup and taken care with good service. However - as I wrote you in xfire already - this BfV game started to lose a lot of players about two years ago. Due to it´s age (more than 2 years since the release) and newer games on the market. The remaining player base for this game is 60% hardcore gamers, means those which like this game too much (like me) and 40% newbies due to its low costs purchasing a new license this year. THis sounds like great numbers, is not it ? But if you checkout the real numbers from gamespy about active BfV players on all worldwide BfV servers you will be shocked I believe. I remember about 2 years ago there were a daily average of 2500 BfV players at a certain time in the evenings (my time zone) playing. Today it´s a record if you spot 400 and most of the times in the past 6-12 months I checked the numbers there were just 200 (ish) players online playing BfV. Deviding them by amount of servers available (still) you should perhaps get half a player at the coop and half at the conquest station. ;)

Sounds hard but is the truth ... so your initiative is very well and should be done by more active Stratego players, no doubts. These days most active players have their favorite servers in the list. As long these servers do exist they will not switch, unless they would become unhappy due to admin actions or it became boring because of the amount of maps being in the rotation (I still cannot understand why people play Hastings or Dart or Irving only all day long) are not the same like here or the mods became to much or there are none. New players to this game will hop trough the list I believe and try different servers. Having a server homepage like this should help to communicate a message to the BfV player base (SINCE THIS IS NOT A CLAN PAGE), but I am so surprised as well how less people do even read the server messages and know that a website does exist. :o

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

19 Aug 2008, 20:48

lol true, ignorant bastards, rofl.

i agree that it's necessary to tell ppl bout stratego if u play on other servers. i just know that even if someone tells me bout a new server i dont go there unless i see a friend of mine or at least a known player joining the server. thats easier via xfire, when u see one of ur mates playin somewhere and just join em. advertising should be done on similar servers, who run coop and a rotation of at least 5 maps. but usually server admins dont like ppl advertising other servers on their own server. but there is a different way to do it imo. i usually remember ppl who pass by from time to time, play well and seem to be nice ppl. but i also remember their clantag and maybe once in a while i will join their server too. now the rc clantag has visually nothing to do with stratego. if someone sees rc players doing a gj and wants to join rc - exactly, he wont find the server. i strongly recommend to add the rc tag to the server name to make ppl aware that it's the same.

=|C*G*A|= Elias Col
Corporal
Corporal

19 Aug 2008, 21:14

iD wrote: ....now the rc clantag has visually nothing to do with stratego. if someone sees rc players doing a gj and wants to join rc - exactly, he wont find the server. i strongly recommend to add the rc tag to the server name to make ppl aware that it's the same.

To be honest some true facts. At the beginning i started playing i was kinda confused about the connection between

- the Clan(tag) [RC] Rough & Clever,
- the Server Stratego and
- the homepage clusterwars.

I think then i asked Hunter about that to understand that all belongs together. Usually the Clans try to create some kind of "trademark", something unique to present themselves and their servers in an unmistakable and clear way.
I recently asked some of the players i randomly added in X-fire if the know the server Stratego - the unfortunately didn't. I like the name "Stratego" the same as "[Rough & Clever]". It could help to bring all together to one, obvious denotation of those 3 parts: clan, server, homepage. (By the way: there is a server provider called stratego, has that anything to do with the name? Just curious :-))

As i am not a Clan member i hope you aren't angry with the suggestions, in the end the [RC] decide about those things.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

26 Aug 2008, 15:37

Hey guys,

I am just back from travel with limited time at the moment.
But want to squeeze a reply in for the meantime, the two of you answered the questions yourself. :)

Often stated and I like to repeat myself here, neither the STRATEGO server nor the website meant to be a clan server or clan website.

In fact take the situation as it is, I do not do any kind of advertising, nor do I like to bother other players at other servers with a permanent chatting about the great Stratego server etc. ... I always tend to say it will make it´s round on it´s own. And that the name of the server is just perfect is confirmed all the time again browsing the servers list, hard to read the names sometimes with all this clan tag crap around, Stratego got it´s players from day one. Guess why did anybody started to play at Stratego at these days? Surely because of the name or just because a certain map was running and a few people were on already, and not because of RC ... later on they found out how good or bad they like the admin style or other server settings and either they did stay or went elsewhere and tons of players just stopped playing this game.
Furthermore I consider myself happy in a way that Stratego Vietnam Coop was never really at a player count of zero for 24 hours like it happens to 150 of the 200 vietnam servers still out there.

The days this website came up and EoN´s or DSJ´s so to speak joined to play this server actively, that has not been day one and better days were over already. lol ... kind of ... most old player names stopped playing, thats the main reason. A few surely went elsewhere ... makes sense, everybody makes his decision.

This website - and I do fail to see the point somebody viewing it the first time would guess that this is supposed to be a clan page - tries to gather a community and nothing else. This does not need to be BfV only (because the days of Vietnam are count) it clearly targets Battlefield in general, as you can see on the news posts and it works like this. So why to change the website or server name to line it up better ? I would love to get stratego domains, but check it out yourself, they were all taken the day I came up with the website idea.

Elias, a word to the clan links, either websites do not work or they are not finished yet, or the websites are clone of each other or just full of sh** ... sorry, could not resist to make this statement. For example I play ger-clans server before a few times, nothing special ... guess the GER in the name makes people joining this server all the time ? The website is infunctional, the guestbook full of intelligent posts. No thank you is all I can say into this direction.

Do I sound arrogant, probably yes...

Much better websites or forum contents due to active posters are TKO and HHK for example. But the two of them are again a "flower of its own" I do not want to see everyday. hahahaa ... like @ hhk the permanent hastings map which just makes no fun if you don´t get a chopper and there are so many dumb infantry players playing permanently on hhk to become grilled meat for chopper or jet pilots, they could play elsewhere instead ... or TKO with their permanent talks how great their map mods are and greatness is relative and a perception different from human to human.

And the last word to this, many actions were taken to make people play permanently at Stratego. I just want to make sure my opinion is well taken here, a lot of work was put into the servers itself, surely the website and of course the stats. That makes the overall package competitive so to speak. (like trying to sell it) If people do not take it in a larger scale you can always start to brainstorm about possible reasons. But just want to make sure you understand, lets start with RC, there are five players listed with the tag, where are they everyday ? EoNs, there are 8 players listed, do they play - no ... how about DSJ, besides a few individual actions mostly late at night (put the stick to Kaiserboa - hahaaha) I hardly see a DSJ playing like every day. The other listed clans disappeared, like the now named DD is just Chris making it back from the time to time. All others went to BF2. You see what I want to point out here ? If just half of these already like 20 players would make it permanently onto the coop or conquest to stay online, there would never be a zero players time and other players would show up just because of it. Since my personal opinion is, most new players to this game (because it became cheap) are absolutely not interested into a website and community and just get online to shoot somebody. They do not "identify" themselves with a certain server or a group of players at this particular server.

As well the average age of players at our servers are older, due to the way perhaps the admins handle certain things or what type of messages are posted, the "atmosphere" is a different one than on most other servers. I believe lots of teenies do not like it and go away, mostly they shit chat, being the greatest, then get roasted and never will show up again ... most older players not already being tight up with an another server are coming back on a regular basis. But since the players are older, usually their real life looks different as well, compared to very young players or lifetime students ... so the chances to come online at the same time to the server are much lower (one of the reasons I came up with the Battle Planner for example) and for sure, if you are ready to play and even if your favourite server would be stratego, if there is nobody online you will play elsewhere instead. Because you just got your two hours this week to play and you wanna play it now and not later.

;)

=|C*G*A|= Elias Col
Corporal
Corporal

26 Aug 2008, 16:36

Thx for the detailed answer. Time to end up my efforts.

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

26 Aug 2008, 23:33

lol, not that i would care how u think bout hhk, but u would be surprised how hard it is to survive there as a chopper pilot when enough ppl r on. i get shot more often by laws, rpgs, tanks or mortars than by hostile choppers. ppl on the ground r not just there to be shot - at least the ones who r skilled enough to use their weapons properly. and the noobs will die anyways, no matter how. btw even i play inf there sometimes, it can be a lot of fun.
tko is a fun server, ppl go there to play funny maps. they have great mods imo which leads to well balanced maps. the success in terms of player numbers is the only argument they need.

not sure, but i think i got that hint rite like u wanted me to. but ur wrong my friend, ur wrong.

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

27 Aug 2008, 02:00

iD wrote:not sure, but i think i got that hint rite like u wanted me to. but ur wrong my friend, ur wrong.
no, you did not understand at all and from Elias´s reply I assume the same for him.

=|C*G*A|= Elias Col
Corporal
Corporal

27 Aug 2008, 17:01

[RC]Hunter wrote: ...and from Elias´s reply I assume the same for him.
Be sure Hunter, nopr at all to understand your posting, its just your opinion, there is no need to adopt it. At the end.....i just don't care. Nevermind!