EoN Long Range Patrol II

use this board to schedule your battles against other players or clans on stratego servers
Anonymous

23 Jun 2008, 16:36

Another EoN Event will be taking place tomorrow evening. Starting from 16:00 GMT approx, EoN will be online (hopefully at full strength). Please join us for some fun on good old stratego coop.

Greetz
espresso


User avatar
iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008

24 Jun 2008, 20:25

i was in and played some rounds but finally i had to leave for a while. its cool that we had 20 humans on dart, but this amount of players makes the rounds last forever. i just didnt want to play the same gayass map for a third time. :?


Anonymous

25 Jun 2008, 08:39

I absolutely agree iD and I think a lot of players thought the same yesterday. When you have so many humans on the server, these rounds last forever. So this would be another good reason to reduce the amount of rounds played on the same map to 2.

Another thing I think a lot of people would agree to: Why not change the map rotation to an alternating cycle between heli- and non-heli-maps? We played Hastings, Irving and Flaming Dart yesterday, which are all heli-maps. I think it would be better for the motivation to place an urban warfare-map between the heli-maps. As I said before, judging from the chat-messages shortly before we left yesterday it would help keeping the temper and frustration down. ;)

So what do you guys think?

Greetz
espresso


User avatar
iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008

25 Jun 2008, 17:48

agreed, lol

funny shit is, we have a different goal, but we need the same mechanism to achieve it. u dont want too many heli maps in a row, i dont want too many ground maps in a row. as we saw, it's gettin boring either way. :?

i mean, maybe the admins think our suggestions r bullshit. i say, at least give it a try and change map rot and round numbers for a week or two.

if u dont like the result, u can change it back anyways. :P
if u like it, then we're all happy :wink:


User avatar
[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 2318
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008
Location: Hue City
Favorite Server: All of them
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Germany

Membership

Contributor

Networker

=]RC[= Hunter’s avatar
Loading…

29 Jun 2008, 17:34

iD wrote:i was in and played some rounds but finally i had to leave for a while. its cool that we had 20 humans on dart, but this amount of players makes the rounds last forever. i just didnt want to play the same gayass map for a third time. :?
This for sure has nothing to do playing a map 3 times or less or more, it´s the map itself that you dislike.


User avatar
[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 2318
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008
Location: Hue City
Favorite Server: All of them
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Germany

Membership

Contributor

Networker

=]RC[= Hunter’s avatar
Loading…

29 Jun 2008, 17:36

iD wrote:i mean, maybe the admins think our suggestions r bullshit...
???


User avatar
[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 2318
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008
Location: Hue City
Favorite Server: All of them
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Germany

Membership

Contributor

Networker

=]RC[= Hunter’s avatar
Loading…

29 Jun 2008, 17:44

=] EoN [= espresso wrote:I absolutely agree iD and I think a lot of players thought the same yesterday. When you have so many humans on the server, these rounds last forever. So this would be another good reason to reduce the amount of rounds played on the same map to 2.

Another thing I think a lot of people would agree to: Why not change the map rotation to an alternating cycle between heli- and non-heli-maps? We played Hastings, Irving and Flaming Dart yesterday, which are all heli-maps. I think it would be better for the motivation to place an urban warfare-map between the heli-maps. As I said before, judging from the chat-messages shortly before we left yesterday it would help keeping the temper and frustration down. ;)

So what do you guys think?

Greetz
espresso
I checked the particular chat messages after my return yesterday. I do not see any additional player moaning about the amount of rounds played, except you and iD. I see many remarks about losing due to overhelming jet pilots or chopper pilots, but again this does is not triggered by playing a map 2,3,4 or 5 times in a row.

I agree about the map rotation itself. On purpose it was set to keep on offering maps including air war due to the simple fact that irving, dart, hastings, warden are primarily joined by players who like to play these maps. Records do show that the average of players remaining on the server playing more than 1 hour in a row increased immediately. Before I set the cycle to run each air map followed by an infantry only map, again followed by a chopper map etc. ...

Perhaps altering the rotation cycle to have 2x infantry followed by 2x chopper/jet maps might be an alternative, which does not harm to much imho.


User avatar
iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008

29 Jun 2008, 18:06

[RC]Hunter wrote:
iD wrote:i was in and played some rounds but finally i had to leave for a while. its cool that we had 20 humans on dart, but this amount of players makes the rounds last forever. i just didnt want to play the same gayass map for a third time. :?
This for sure has nothing to do playing a map 3 times or less or more, it´s the map itself that you dislike.
lol, right i dislike the map in its default setting. but i think the same about other maps as well. i swear to god it could have been any map (maybe except hastings :P ). i think a big part of it is the long duration, which is caused by the map setting and the amount of players. i played 3 rounds of irving before (less ppl than on dart tho), 3rd round was unnecessary too (but irving is way more unbalanced and can be finished pretty quickly if some serious players want to). same for dart, was fun for 2 rounds, 3rd round unnecessary. on game warden most ppl left so it was not that exciting anyways.

i just think, if this game had 3 teams, 3 rounds would be reasonable. but it's only 2 teams. to make it fair for everyone (some maps r just too much disadvantage for one team), it would be reasonable to do 2 rounds or even 4 (if we think that duration doesnt play a role). every human team would be able to play every side for the same amount of rounds. :D


User avatar
iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008

29 Jun 2008, 18:17

[RC]Hunter wrote:
iD wrote:i mean, maybe the admins think our suggestions r bullshit...
???
just cuz nobody replied to our messages yet. was wondering if ppl think it's not worth replying. but whatever. so what u think bout suggestions? r u gonna change map rotation and/or number of rounds? do u think that possible changes might help the server or do u think we're the only ones thinking that way? :D


Anonymous

30 Jun 2008, 10:14

[RC]Hunter wrote:I checked the particular chat messages after my return yesterday. I do not see any additional player moaning about the amount of rounds played, except you and iD. I see many remarks about losing due to overhelming jet pilots or chopper pilots, but again this does is not triggered by playing a map 2,3,4 or 5 times in a row.
I don't remember every single word said but a fact is that a lot of players were "moaning", as you call it, about all those heli-maps following each other. Even if you don't change the map rotation, 2 rounds would accelerate map changes and therefore solve the problem too.

And besides all that: Why not stick with iD's suggestion and try those things out for 2 weeks or so and if it doesn't work change it back to its current state? I think we're "over-discussing" things. After all... it's just a game. ;)


Post Reply