map Modification - Flaming Dart CO-OP

questions, comments, problems ? general topics about the original Battlefield Vietnam game and our Co-Op and Conquest STRATEGO servers, English/German speaking board *** old game - no more servers - good memories - board locked ***
[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

27 May 2008, 16:54

What needs to be changed / adjusted in your opinion ?

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

27 May 2008, 21:58

hehe, iD's wishlist for laming fart as i use to call it due to the gayass cobra n f4 :D

- bots r not allowed to fly choppers

- huey gunship instead of cobra & other plane (a1 or a7) instead of f4 (maybe this sounds too extreme for some of u, but i just hate these gay heatseakers. if removing them is too much, maybe weaken the heatseaker weapons, make em cause less damage or something like that)

- maybe let towers respawn after 15minutes if there are still ppl alive

- maybe add some additional tanks (t54 and patton)

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

03 Jul 2008, 20:12

These are the modifications done so far. At the moment I do not plan to implement further changes. First I want to play it with you a few times and see if there will be bottlenecks somewhere.

US side changes

- removal of one F4, replaced by a second Cosair
- removal of the two Cobra choppers, replaced with UH1 Assault

Chinnock upgrade ! :D
Usually its a pretty cool chopper once you got it going and know how to handle it. Spicing up the usage, plus giving the US troops better chances against the heavier defended NVA beach, I upgrade the capabilities. Usually the co pilot rockets as well the pilot machine gun are pretty decent weapons. Due to the lower speed of the chopper, the return to the base for reloading was always considered as a pain and often never done. Now the Chinnock does automatically reload. Every soldier hopping into the chopper or getting really close, will receive new ammunition as well. Even an another vehicle getting really really nearby can use the Chinnock to resupply. The reloading goes slowly but will be still more efficient than to return to the base.

Furthermore the Chinnock automatically repairs himself. Slowly but he does. So it will take at least 3 SA7 at the same time, or 4 SA7 shortly after each other to hit him down. The aim is to position the Chinnock much better inside the gameplay and to convert him into some kind of a little fortress.

As well I changed the exit position for seat number 6. Wonder what that is ? Lol, then you never flew the Chinnock as a passenger ? So what does this change mean ? It means you jump in as usual using "E", you switch to seat 6 and you press "E" again. You will not fall out of the chopper as before. Your soldier will stand at the rear and you can walk around. This way you can toss various items out at the back of the chopper. Your question what ? Well ... some mines, grenades, other bad things ... and due to the automatic reload ... :shock: ... wohoo ... sounds interesting ? :P ... just take care by all the excitment, that you will not fall out of the chopper due walking too far ...

So make use of this new "tool", to summarize, the Chinnock reloads himselfs and players as well vehicles nearby. The Chinnock does repair himself. The Chinnock as well is a flying ambulance, so if your soldier needs some medical treatment, call for Chinnock support, hop in and feel well.

NVA side changes

- removal of one Mig17, replaced by Mig21
- beach, receives a ZSU if the control point is held by the NVA
- Ruins, receives a ZSU straight down from the ruins towards the see, nicely covered, only if the NVA holds this control point

This does increase the anti air capabilties for the front beach. No changes to the River Inlet control point, give the US a little chance at least. :)

General Map changes
- Towers do respawn once they were destroyed

As long your team holds a spawn point somewhere else, your towers will respawn 10 minutes after they were destroyed. With one Mig17 left, the towers will be slower destroyed than in the default map configuration. Furthermore, the bombs at the US Cosair are the same as powerful to the towers like the bombs of the Mig17, however since you can only drop two bombs at the time (Mig17 can drop 4) and since the Cosair bombs are under the wings, of course it requires a bit more skill to hit them straight. Having primarily Mig21 and Cosair planes in this configuration, it should result into more real dogfights in between jet pilots than before using the F4 planes only to shoot an enemy down. However, if you are lucky you will still be able to fly a F4 or Mig17 ... just take care that no enemy will catch your favourite before.
Keep in mind as well, even an engineer can destroy the towers. Use C4, grenades ... whatever can harm objects will also help destroying towers. So perhaps the general game play concept can receive new and interesting teamplay strategies. Think about it.

- the additional ZSU spawn at the ruins will become a Quad50 once the Ruins Control Point will be under US control

- the same applies for the ZSU spawn at the Beach Control Point, once conquered by US troops

iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

04 Jul 2008, 10:16

changes sound funny, didnt have time to try it out yet, visiting my parents atm and their internet sux (ping is ok, but laggin like fkin shit for some reason).

one thing im not sure about: if the us side got 2 huey gunships and the improved chinook, it might be a lil helicopter disadvantage for nva side having only 2 mi8s. on the other side, nva got the zsu's plus nva planes r superior to us planes. mig17 + 21 r both better than f4 and corsair, maybe this will keep it even. :wink:

=|C*G*A|= Elias Col
Corporal
Corporal

04 Jul 2008, 22:35

Really really nice!

Especially the changes about the Chinnock sound very good and exciting. Admittet, i do not use it very often, but with a co-pilot or even a 3rd in seat Nr°6 it could be helpfull and funny.

It was good to remove one F4, even better would be to get out the 2nd, too lol. As ID said, i do hate the F4 too, just makes it an really unfair and boring airfight. When flying around and cleaning the air, even the ZSU only help a little.

But all in all, really good changes, i like them.

Nice!

todner
Private
Private

15 Jan 2009, 14:42

im gutted flaming dart map.. cobra got remeved :(

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

15 Jan 2009, 18:47

Yeah ! Thanks god ! :lol:

Use one the Huey´s or the modified Chinnok, can take more hits before you will be gutted by fire.

:)

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
iD
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

18 Jan 2009, 18:34

todner wrote:im gutted flaming dart map.. cobra got remeved :(
yep thx god it got removed. no offense dude, but maybe u should just learn to aim properly with hueys or mi8s. ppl who r able to wont ever miss a cobra... :P (cuz in fact the only reason for missing it is the lack of heat seaking missiles, dont u agree?)