From a NOOB to A Pro!

questions, comments, problems ? general topics about the original Battlefield Vietnam game and our Co-Op and Conquest STRATEGO servers, English/German speaking board *** old game - no more servers - good memories - board locked ***
War_Pig
Private First Class
Private First Class
United States of America

03 Feb 2009, 01:56

I have a few Questions. I have lost my manual for BFV. I was wondering a few things. How Hard is it to Download and set up BF2?
How do I get the Crosshairs to work With Vista?
How do I pick up items on the ground? Is there an Option Somewhere to be a medic?

I would appreiciate any advise. Fell free to explain anything because its probably news to me.

Are their Tryouts to be in RC?

thx
War

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

03 Feb 2009, 08:15

To setup BF2 is easy, but you should better purchase the complete edition box than downloading stuff.

Crosshair Windows Vista,
well there is no real fix to that. You can try using more updated video card drivers for your notebook. But using a laptop is already eleminating most of the times the download of newer drivers from the official graphic card vendors such as Nvidea or ATI. As well you can try to run BfV in a Windows 98/ME or 2000 compatible mode. This will bring you back the sound as well. Not nessecarily helps with the crosshair. Running in any of the compatible modes eleminates the CD recognition, so you need to install a no CD crack, if you do this and use just some from the field, you may risk a bane from a well protected server due to the fact it would assume you try to cheat ... so you are kind of stuck with the Vista thingy. Vista and BfV do not work well togehter.

Pickup items, I believe you were still referring to BfV ?

E - using vehicles, units
G - pick up stuff
QWSE - moving
arrows - moving up/down (or mouse)

There is not Medic soldier class like in Bf2. Except for the one I wrote you about, available on the Hochi Minh, Cambodia and Lang Vei maps, having a medi pack on position 5.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
War_Pig
Private First Class
Private First Class
United States of America

03 Feb 2009, 20:13

A Medic pac? I havnt seen this. I guess you can pick this up? I did by the box set for the game I just lost the manual.
Thx
sorry if I am bothering or posting too much.
I just spent alot of time exploreing the site yesturday at work....lol