Change the colors in your buddy list

questions, comments, problems ? general topics about the original Battlefield Vietnam game and our Co-Op and Conquest STRATEGO servers, English/German speaking board *** old game - no more servers - good memories - board locked ***
[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

17 Apr 2008, 11:15

I suppose everybody is familar about adding a buddy into your buddy list, so he will be colored with the default green color tag within your game. If you add more than just one buddy and all are online in the same game with you, it can be a hassle to identify who is actually where at present on the map, since all are green there is no way to identify the individuals.

You can alter the used colors for your buddy list while opening the file buddylist.con within your BFV game installation folder:

/EA GAMES/Battlefield Vietnam/Mods/BFVietnam/settings/profiles/Custom

Open the file with Wordpad or any other valid editor being able to provide a decent carriage return-line feed. An entry in the buddy list shoud look like:

game.addPlayerToBuddyListByName "[RC]Hunter" 0.0 255.0 0.0

The color will be specified by the numeric values behind the nick name. The coding is based on RGB values (Red Green Blue). This current example will list my name in green within your game.

If you want to specify an alternive color you can alter the numeric values behind the nickname entry. If you are not familar with RGB values, you may check this link to mixup your color and use the R G B values displayed:

http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~ahahn/jav ... color.html

For example an entry for my nickname like below would color my player name in orange within the game:

game.addPlayerToBuddyListByName "[RC]Hunter" 255.0 128.0 64.0

Much nicer overview within a busy game with a lot of buddies online. :D

Hunter