Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Membership

Contributor

Networker

Loading…

18 Oct 2021, 12:57

Hello together,

Even if we all experience less and less players in this lovely game and constant login issues of player accounts @ EA account servers, we still had some fun altering and playing around with a couple of extra coding features being added.

It has been an old story that players complain about starting base protections and here at these forum I believe we got enough discussion about it over the past years.

However during the last few months more and more steady players became "experts" in using the base protection rules to their advantage in achieving kills while staying home so to speak and not moving out the base in order to battle on the field.

Therefore a new control mechanism has been put in place assuming to address this behavior in warning and killing as well temp banning a player performing base camping extrem playing styles.

If you are still an active player of Bad Company 2 and you are still gathering together for a couple rounds on our servers, feel free to feedback if it works out as it should or if there are any values you consider to be adjusted.

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Favorite Server: BC2
Germany

Membership

Contributor

25 Oct 2021, 22:55

What exactly are the new mechanics?
Yesterday I played two rounds, but didn't notice any difference despite 6 teammates sniping form our base.

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Membership

Contributor

25 Oct 2021, 23:04

Felt good after such a long break. Turns out that I am not as rusty as I believed to be. :biggrin:
lol.jpg

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Membership

Contributor

Networker

Loading…

27 Oct 2021, 16:41

Nino-6-years wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 22:55
What exactly are the new mechanics?
Yesterday I played two rounds, but didn't notice any difference despite 6 teammates sniping form our base.
Hmmm ... I believe it requires more rounds to be fully tested ...

You should be able to spot public messages like "player ... this is your x. warning killing from base protection" in example. Currently set to warn 1 time, second time apply an admin kill, 3rd another warning, 4th time temp ban.

=]RC[= Hunter

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Membership

Contributor

06 Nov 2021, 11:04

Seems to work just fine:
BFBC2Game_ycY7bM1aBE.png
People are camping as snipers outside the base now. :D

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Membership

Contributor

Networker

Loading…

01 Dec 2021, 10:56

Based on little qualified feedback (and not just babbling nonsense in the ingame chat) and several test rounds, the settings were constantly adjusted and made better for each map.

Shooting from the own base and killing enemies (aka base camping) needs to be differentiated from losing all flags and trying to get out of your base while killing enemies in front of it, which are waiting for you to come out. Therefore the "base camping rules" have been slightly simplified running since a few weeks pretty well, although there will never be a perfect solution to it.

Somebody killing from his own base will receive a warning. After the 4th kill you will be automatically admin killed. The 5th kill will be a warning again, 6th kill a kick, so you will need to re-join the server.

The counter get reset after a round ends, or if you had to re-join the server.

=]RC[= Hunter