Additional maps at our BC2 Vanilla conquest server?

Alles zum Spiel Bad Company 2 sowie unseren damit verbundenen Servern
---
All about the game Bad Company 2 as well our related game servers

Add maps to our =]RC[= STRATEGO - BC2 Conquest server?

Poll ended at 06 Dec 2019, 14:04

Yes, give us more Maps. / Ja, mehr Karten bitte.
81%
No, leave it as it is. / Nein, alles so beibehalten.
19%

Total votes: 16
djumik
Private First Class
Private First Class
Favorite Server: BC2
Ukraine

Contributor

Membership

04 Dec 2019, 20:04

Worth returning i think WHITE PASS.I thought a new card would come in but was wrong

MaRtA_Tank_Girl
Donator
Donator
Private First Class
Private First Class
Poland

Contributor

Membership

04 Dec 2019, 20:18

Dziękuję Hunter jesteś najlepszy )

Alexlogin0ff
Private
Private
Russia

Contributor

04 Dec 2019, 20:53

By the messages in the game, most Atacama players really like. Thanks for the innovations. And I saw new players

djumik
Private First Class
Private First Class
Ukraine

Contributor

Membership

04 Dec 2019, 21:07

Alexlogin0ff wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 20:53
By the messages in the game, most Atacama players really like. Thanks for the innovations. And I saw new players
the map is good but really big (I even forgot to play there 5 years ago. As soon as the game started a lot just left and others came but left those who play on the server for a long time. I’ve been running for 4-5 years, probably)

djumik
Private First Class
Private First Class
Ukraine

Contributor

Membership

04 Dec 2019, 21:10

best of all as it was before without winter and other maps)))

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Favorite Server: All of them
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

05 Dec 2019, 12:46

MertAndacKilicTR wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 18:21
I can totally see why you guys removed the bigger-sized maps. I don’t want people to understand me wrong though. Funny enough, my favourite map is Harvest Day and i played it a lot on OldManGaming server ...
I do not understand you wrong at all, no worries.
Anyway, i just think these bigger maps don’t fit here and play quite well. I hope this addition will bring more players.
We did focus on infantry maps so far, like I wrote earlier.
"Don´t fit" reads interesting to me :s_smile: ... about the larger sized maps and fun to play on it, I see it like the following:

* 30% of the player base only likes to play large maps with vehicles
* 30% of the player base dislikes vehicles and prefers infantry battles
* 20% of the player base does not care and plays all
* 20% of the player base does not even know what it is all about

About a BC2 Conquest server setup, I do have my mindset like the following:

The most boring setup would be only one map and ignoring the rest of the game possibilities. Like Arica 24/7 and crap like that ...

Since we want to have fun playing the game for a few hours in our spare time, we want ideally to see a couple different maps to play. Therefore 1.000 or more tickets becomes out of question.

Since we originate from Battlefield titles before BC2 times, we know how good and well balanced vehicle gameplay can be made in titles like Battlefield 2 or the original Battlefield 1942 / Vietnam. When BC2 came around the corner, besides the graphics most of us were really disappointed how vehicle physics were implemented, the vehicle healing options and most of all endless ammunition configuration. Players joining the "Battlefield gamers" from BC2 onwards will never understand what I am talking about. ;-)

So cutting the story a bit shorter, taking above lines as input it was obvious that we decided against Heavy Metal, Harvest and Atacama ... not because they look bad, just because of the map layout and its focus on vehicle gameplay. The only difference a bit is Atacama, allowing decent infantry battles in the center (around the ship wreck) and partially at the remaining control points inside the houses. As long there is no camping chopper at the sky firing blind into the buildings in the hope to catch a kill. The wide open areas in between the flag control points makes it difficult for inf only players trying to pass them without a vehicle.

Also, did you know that EA Games bring their games to Steam earlier next year? I know that they will bring BFV but if they bring the older titles like BF3, i think it will have a positive impact on BC2’s player count.
I believe EA cannot underestimate the market share of Steam compared to their own Origin attempt.
Why do you believe it does positively impact BC2´s player count?

=]RC[= Hunter
skill is not an unlock ... see ya on the battlefields

Image * Image * Image * Image
[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

05 Dec 2019, 12:48

djumik wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 21:10
best of all as it was before without winter and other maps)))
Hello Djumik,

For the time being no map got removed, Atacama was just added to the rotation.

=]RC[= Hunter

[RC]Hunter
Site Admin
Sergeant
Sergeant
Germany

Networker

Contributor

Membership

Loading…

05 Dec 2019, 12:55

djumik wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 19:56
Thank you for the new card. You need to see how it goes, there were those who play constantly they did not like.I admit Mert is right, the card does not fit a lot of players disconnected probably worth returning the winter.
We will collect a bit statistic data over the coming days to see if Atacama is really a map emptying the server. I do not share this opinon currently. But time will tell.

I just altered the positioning of Atacama within the map cycle and moved it after Panama Canal. Yesterday it run after Arica and it might not be the best place since the two maps could not be any more different than that. Therefore we now run coming from Arica via Oasis through Panama to the largest vehicle map Atacama and continue afterwards with Laguna Presa, Laguna Alta and White Pass as commonly known to the steady player base.

=]RC[= Hunter

MertAndacKilicTR
Private First Class
Private First Class
Turkey

Contributor

Membership

05 Dec 2019, 21:54

Hello! I played a couple more rounds of Atacama Desert and i felt better about it due to better balanced teams. It’s funny to see that nobody can use the choppers on both sides (myself included) and because of that, it wasn’t a big problem for the time being. I know that a lot of people love to abuse and misuse the chopper especially on hardcore servers.

The problem occurs when one of the side gets all the flags. Both of the main bases are too far to the flags and this prevent people from attacking. I hope this issue will solve itself in time. By the way, i noticed some regular players from other servers joining at the start of Atacama Desert rounds and it made them stay for a couple of more rounds.

Well, after BC2, there wasn’t any BF games on Steam and because of that, majority of the BF players play their games through Origin and a lot of them don’t know that BC2 exists on Origin. I was playing a game called Apex Legends and i was talking with a random squadmate of mine about games and he told me that his favourite game is BC2 and he wanted to play it again. Of course, i directly told him that he can get the game on Steam or Origin. Next day, he got it on Steam and added me as a friend.

I can give multiple examples like this that happened through the years. If they release the older titles like BF3 and BF4 on Steam, i bet a lot of people would come over to Steam from Origin in order to play and if it happens i bet we will get more players.

Makkan
Private First Class
Private First Class
Sweden

Contributor

Membership

06 Dec 2019, 00:30

I also think that Atacama doesn't fit in the nowadays previous map rotation. Previously, the rotation has meant a good mix of smaller and intense maps where both Panama and Arica have been a little larger. In my opinion, Atacama is a boring map that breaks the server's previous flow of good maps, but that's just my personal opinion. As admin says, time will tell. Besides, Atacama is now placed in between my favorite tracks, Panama, Presa and Alta :twisted:

I'd prefer that Atacama would be replaced with Nelson bay instead 8) Or maybe make an alternative server with only big maps? I appreciate that you guys are still involved in this old game!