Private First Class
Favorite Server: BC2 Vietnam
France

Networker

Contributor

Membership

20 Jul 2018, 16:39

Hello,
In recent days people have complained that sometimes some people are invisible. Yesterday I saw it myself.
It's a bug or a cheat?
I have never seen and heard this before this week.

Spawney

My Bad !
Steam
Youtube
Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Favorite Server: BC2
Germany

Contributor

Membership

21 Jul 2018, 16:56

spawney wrote:Hello,
In recent days people have complained that sometimes some people are invisible. Yesterday I saw it myself.
It's a bug or a cheat?
I have never seen and heard this before this week.

Spawney
Maybe they weren't paying attention at those moments? But if people really are invisible, than it would be rather a bug, then a hack.
It's funny that you say this happened recently, because I did notice someone being invisible last week too:

On Laguna Alta I was hiding in the bend building on A and heard an enemies voice from inside. I checked the whole ground-floor, but couldn't find anybody, so decided to go upstairs and check the attic. Inside the attic was one of my teammates, no one else (checked twice, because I was still hearing the enemey inside). I sat behind the railing of the stairs and was waiting for the enemy to come up. Suddenly i heared shots being fired next to me, killing my teammate. I turned arround and saw a hostile sniper sitting right next to me ... There was no way he could have walked inside, because i was watching the stairs all along, neither could he have climbed inside, because all walls and roof were intact. He just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Also he didn't notice me, even though i should have been clearly visible. Strange thing, really.

spawney
Private First Class
Private First Class
Favorite Server: BC2 Vietnam
France

Networker

Contributor

Membership

21 Jul 2018, 18:11

Nino-6-years wrote: Maybe they weren't paying attention at those moments? But if people really are invisible, than it would be rather a bug, then a hack.
It's funny that you say this happened recently, because I did notice someone being invisible last week too:
That's what I thought; but on the map Cao Son Temple I saw a weapon floated in the air and he fired at a teammate, I sprayed with my weapon and I managed to kill him but I do not remember who this person is. And unfortunately I did not record with Fraps.

I also think it's a cheat but I wanted to have confirmation, it's crazy that punkbuster does not detect this kind of cheat, it's not a common cheat and it completely breaks the game

Spawney

Edit :
i did some research and apparently this cheat is known on bf4, it would not be surprising if a person modified it for bfbc2.
But the thing he scares me the most. It is currently 24 people visit the topic "bfbc2 cheat" on a known website ...

My Bad !
Steam
Youtube
Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

21 Jul 2018, 19:28

spawney wrote:[...] but on the map Cao Son Temple I saw a weapon floated in the air and he fired at a teammate, I sprayed with my weapon and I managed to kill him [...]
In that case I have no idea.

Some years ago I have seen a glitch where the enemies team would be automatically spotted each few seconds, which resulted in a permanent spot of all enemies for an entire round. At first I thought someone was using hacks and it somehow made my team benefit too, but it turned out, that it was a technical problem (some explanation was given on this forum about clients). I don't remember what exactly caused this issue, but it was not a hack/cheat, but, to put it simply, a server-bug.

My conclusion was, that maybe invisibility might be a similar glitch. But if this happens frequently, especially with the same players over and over again, one should surely keep an eye on them.
On the other hand, why would a cheater use obvious hacks like invisible bodies with floating guns? This doesn't make sense. Are cheaters really that stupid? :D

Unfortunately you couldn't record it, I would like to see it too.

armithaeus
Private First Class
Private First Class
Germany

27 Jul 2018, 23:56

Isn't this just an old client bug?
I have seen every now and then players flickering (becoming invisible and visible rapidly) when moving. Maybe this can become more permanently.
I have also been accused of being invisible by one player throughout a match while the rest fired on me normally.
=> I would guess: Client side bug which is not controlled by the offender, but by your own client.

Nino-6-years
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Germany

Contributor

Membership

02 Aug 2018, 20:16

armithaeus wrote:Isn't this just an old client bug?
players flickering (becoming invisible and visible rapidly) when moving.
Haven't seen that before. BC2 has always some new surprises to offer.
armithaeus wrote: I have also been accused of being invisible by one player throughout a match while the rest fired on me normally.
Yes, i can confirm it to some degree :D You are not invisible, but your soldier appears after your shots, which may cause the impression of invisibility. It becomes clearly noticible, when I camp and aim e.g. at a doorframe. Then suddenly shots appear from the position I am looking at and only a second later your soldier appears in the doorframe. There is no way to react to it, because no one was visible in the first place.

There are some similar cases, which makes it very difficult to hit because of this lag, client-bug or whatever that is.
They probably have a high-end computer and/or good internet connection.

It's not invisbility as the OP described it though.